Monday, August 13, 2007

Morpheus Fortuna

I have been talking about the idea of creating a stuffed animal that would go to different schools and spend a week there. I went to build-a-bear and wanted to get a ground hog, but I couldn’t find one. So I got a turtle and decided it would be a bog turtle, since the bog turtle is endangered and indigenous to Pennsylvania. So I went through the process of building the turtle. I actually had to put a heart and do a silly ritual, then I picked out clothes and everything. I then decided to call the turtle Morpheus Fortuna, and with that, Morpheus was born.

I created an e-mail address, wiki site, a blog and a flickr site for Morpheus all in his own name. These sites will be used by the different schools that Morpheus visits. Who knows what other sites or things the teachers that have Morpheus will use or do. The possibilities are endless and every classroom that gets Morpheus will be able to follow him and get a peek into different schools and lessons taught and the way they use web 2.0.

I decided to do my “beta” testing with fellow Keystones, since I know that they will utilize web 2.0 tools. I hope to get more people to sign up, right now I only have one person signed up. I decided I will give it a couple weeks with the Keystones and then I will open it up to other teachers through out the U.S.A and the world.

I am excited about this idea and hope that others will be able to learn through Morpheus. I am currently on vacation in Rehobeth DE and Morpheus is here with me. Hopefully, Morpheus will be able to participate in a variety of acitivities which I can showcase through his blog and wiki. Check back soon to see everything that Morpheus is up to and to sign up so that Morpheus can visit you!

No comments: