Thursday, February 24, 2011

Whats the purpose of this blog?

I had a teacher ask me today, what exactly am I sending out on facebook.  So I thought I would give a little background and rationale for my staring up this blog.

Background: 

I am an Instructional Technology Integration Speacilaist in the School District of Philadelphia.  Bottom line I work with administrators, teachers and students to inetgrate technology into their schools and classrooms.  I also present at various conferences and would like to keep in touch with those participants.   So, I need a platform to share out great tools, ideas, and converging technologies with everyone and this Posterous blog will allow me to that forum.

Purpose:

My goal is to post something almost everyday that is informative, short and to the point.  Posterous allows me to post directly to the blog, but then share the posting via many different avenues like Tiwtter, Facebook, and my older blog.  By posting to Posterous I can share with my administrators, teachers, students, presentation participants and anyone else who is interested. Other times I have tried to blog, I was always worried that I would make gramatical mistakes and the post had to be perfect, my new take is that there are going to be mistakes, but as long as you get the point and see what I have to share, I am not going to worry about the little things.  So, I am sure there are mistakes in this quickly written post, but the bottom line is did you get the point?...Good!

So, I thank you for checking out my blog and hope what I have to offer might intrigue you, and get you coming back for more!

Brandon

P.S. - Site to check out today!

Have you ever seen Glogster?  Create a visual blog, a project, a report or a cool page to embed in a wiki!  So check it out! 

Teacher & Students:  http://edu.glogster.com/

Everyone Else:  http://www.glogster.com/

 

No comments: